Blog or web site - Which should you choose?
Blog or website - Which should you choose?
- Well, the answer to that question is just a matter of preference. I personally, choose to have a blog because it allows me to showcase my creative writing. Your decision on whether to have a blog or website should be based on what works for you and your business.
Lets take a look at the benefits of having both a blog and/or a web site:
Why start a website?
- Utilizing the Internet for your business is very inexpensive. Hosting companies are generally available for less than $20/month and most include Internet access and e-mail.
- You can communicate anywhere in the world with customers and employees and pay NO long distance telephone charges.
- The Internet is being used on a regular basis by millions worldwide with more connecting every day. Many visitors come from countries around the world. With the Internet these visitors can also become customers!
- Your website/blog can provide a place to present your products/services that you are selling.
Why start a blog?
Writing. Share your knowledge.
- Do you find yourself wanting to write about the things you enjoy? Do you have something of value to share? Will your expertise in a certain topic help others?
- I’ve asked myself that question many times before actually launching both of my blogs. My niche is business entrepreneurship so I decided to express my thoughts and expertise by writing what has helped me along the way. My passion is to help others benefit through my experience and knowledge.
Unlike the conventional way of a website, a blog allows you to express yourself through your writing. Your expertise can be seen by many. It is a form of promoting your business and your knowledge on a certain topic.
Videos. Songs. Articles, etc.
- A blog allows you to post videos, articles, songs, etc. anything that makes that particular post special. You can write anything that has helped you become successful so that others won’t have to re-invent the wheel so to speak. There are hundreds if not thousands of blogs that are unique in many different ways. Think of the things that bring you joy and share them with others.
Business Articles & Article Directories.
- Write articles for other online-publications. Use what you know about your business to be the expert in your field that many people are looking for. Post your articles on articled directories such as, EzineArticles.com and ArticleBase.com. There are thousands of potential customers online interested in learning more. Do your research. Write as providing instructions, how to do something, tips, etc. If you’re not comfortable writing, visit elance.com or guru.com and find a capable writer to “ghost” write it for you.
- There are many blog hosting companies to choose from. Visit VisionThisHosting.com or if you’re a new blogger, try blogger.com a FREE service and it is a great place to start.
Your own Domain Name.
- Do you prefer to have your own blog or website domain name? Check out NameCheap.com. Again, there are hundreds if not thousands of hosting and domain registration sites out there to choose from.
- Many people have the best of both worlds, a website and blog. Whatever method you decide to choose, have fun with it!
Copyright © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.
Creative Commons License. This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License
* Articles may be used with permission from Sonia Colon of My Fashion E-Mall Blog
To re-publish content from this article written by Sonia Colon, please include the following paragraph byline…
Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog! Writing & sharing powerful business articles & successful Internet marketing tips on starting & maintaining a lucrative work-at-home business is a passion.
How to Start an Online Business
Starting from scratch? No problem! Discover the secret resource that has already helped thousands start booming Internet businesses that pull in full-time incomes…