We all know that even a home-based business requires some type of spending. Spending within ones budget is always challenging. That is why, I’ve written the article “7 Money Saving Tips for your Home-Based Business.” Focusing on ways to improve your bottom line are as follow:
1. Email/fax vs. regular mail:
- Use email and fax to get your messages across. You will save the cost of postage, paper, envelopes, mailing time and get instant delivery to your customers.
2. Toll free numbers:
- Utilize the toll free numbers offered by your vendors/suppliers it can add up to major telephone savings. If you want to add a toll-free number for your customers to contact you, there are inexpensive methods such as Skype for instance, it’s great for making computer calls and is free to other people plus it’s cheap to landlines and cell phones around the world.
3. Energy Consumption:
- When you have a home-based business you will use electricity. Utilize auto-setback thermostats and automatic light switches. You may also want to utilize the natural sunlight from the outdoors to bring in light. These are all great ways to save you money.
4. Comparison shopping:
- Bargains are out there. Do your comparison shopping and see which company offers the better deal. Compare prices and you’ll see the difference.
5. Negotiate products:
- Request discounts whenever you purchase with cash or when paying ahead of time. Companies who want your business will negotiate their prices.
6. Mail order:
- It is economical and convenient to shop by mail order whenever possible. Use a credit card for your purchases and if ever a problem, the credit card company will assist you. Again, seek mail order bargains.
7. Take Inventory of your supplies and phone usage:
- Supplies and phone usage are often misused. Be diligent and watch your savings add up.
Think of other significant money saving tips for your home-based business and watch your savings grow!
- Can you share anymore? Please share your comments below.
Copyright © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.
Creative Commons License. This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License
* Articles may be used with permission from Sonia Colon of My Fashion E-Mall Blog
To re-publish content from this article written by Sonia Colon, please include the following paragraph byline…
Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog! Writing & sharing powerful business articles & successful Internet marketing tips on starting & maintaining a lucrative work-at-home business is a passion. Sonia is also an Independent Sales Representative for Avon!