Orange, Fennel and Cabrales Salad with Honey Pomegranate Vinaigrette!
* 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
* 3 teaspoons honey
* 1 teaspoon Pomegranate molasses
* 1 small garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
* ¼ cup olive oil
* 1 cup of fennel thinly sliced
* 1 large orange cut into segments
* 8 cups torn mixed lettuce leaves
* about ¼ pound cabrales (available at specialty foods shops) or other fine-quality blue cheese, cut into 6 slices
In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey, pomegranate molasses, the garlic paste, the mustard, and salt and pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified. Add the lettuce, orange segments, fennel and toss the salad well, and divide it among 6 salad plates. Arrange 1 slice of the cabrales at the edge of each plate.
Courtesy of Chef Aarón Sánchez, co-owner and executive chef of Paladar and Centrico restaurants, both located in New York City. Aarón’s passion, commitment and skills have placed him among the country’s leading contemporary Latin Chefs.
~ Courtesy of Latina Magazine