Today, more and more business owners are using social media marketing to get the word out about their business.
Social media marketing has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with Internet access who want to showcase their brand awareness by creating an inexpensive social media buzz.
Below, I've listed a few of the most popular social media networking websites. If you have a business and are not partaking in these important social media tools then you're missing out big time! Get started today by clicking the links below. Your business will thank you for it! :)
- Facebook: With over 500 million users, this social media network is absolutely essential to your business. It is the most used social network service by worldwide monthly active users, followed by MySpace. First, create a profile. Once you've created your profile, you want to find and invite friends, business associates and/or family members to grow your list. Use Facebook search to find groups that are interested in your business niche. After you find groups, send a friend request. You may want to include a personal message along with the request to let the receiver know a little something about who you are.
- YouTube: Based in San Bruno, California, YouTube uses Adobe Flash Video technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video content, movie clips, TV clips, music videos, amateur content video blogging and short original videos. You may post unlimited content video and update it as often as you'd like, also known as channels. You may use YouTube's themes and colors to spice up your YouTube channels or use your own background image. The goal is to provide valuable video channels for viewers to see and subscribe too. You also want to provide your business information in the "about me" section of your channel. Remember to provide your website link on your "profile" section for extra exposure.
- LinkedIn: A business-oriented social networking site founded in December 2002. Linkedin is mainly used for professional networking it has more than 75 million registered users. At Linkedin registered users can share ideas, information and business opportunities. You can invite others to connect and maintain a list of contacts and connections of people you know and trust.
- Twitter: Twitter is owned and operated by Twitter Inc. Twitter offers a social networking and micro blogging service, enabling its users to send and read other users' messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters only and can be displayed on the user's profile page. User tweets are publicly visible by default. Users may subscribe and follow other author tweets in hopes for a reciprocal follow in return. Twitter also has a new look coming soon to its users. There are many social twitter tools that can facilitate tweet functions such as the following:
- MySpace: A social networking website that is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California. It became the most popular social networking site in the United States in June 2006. MySpace was overtaken internationally by its main competitor, Facebook, in April 2008. In 2009, MySpace added a new status update feature allowing tweets on Twitter to automatically update the MySpace status (Facebook also has a similar feature) by synchronizing the two accounts together. MySpace continues to work on improving their website.
- Reddit: A social news website that shows what's new and popular on the web. Users like you provide all of the content and decide, through voting, what's good and what's junk. Links that receive community approval gets bumped up towards #1, so the front page is constantly in motion and (hopefully) filled with fresh, interesting links.
- Digg: A a social news website that enable you to seamlessly integrate your content and engage everyday users and taste makers as they discover and curate content online. With Digg widgets, buttons, and badges, you can easily integrate Digg into your own site.
- Delicious: A free social bookmarking website for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. The site was founded by Joshua Schachter in 2003 and acquired by Yahoo! in 2005. By the end of 2008, the service claimed more than 5.3 million users and 180 million unique bookmarked URLs. It is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
If you're an entrepreneur and have an online business presence, the above social media networking sites are a must! Don't wait another moment, join all of them today. ;)
Best of luck in your business endeavors!
Creative Commons License. This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License
Copyright ©2010. All Rights Reserved.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative business visit her sites today!