Search engines are a great way to get website traffic! Great keyword rich quality content is key to ranking high on search engines.
Writing powerful articles related to your business niche for content rich current information and useful advice to your visitor(s) is very important. Try the following:
1 - Select the right keywords
- Use keywords on your titles and article content. Google looks at a combination of relevance and authority to determine the best sites in the search results. Ensure your site is fresh and regularly updated with new content. Link out to other relevant high ranking pages. Get listed on key directories such as Dmoz.org.
2 - Select the right domain name
- When you register a domain name you’re actually renting it in order to have rights of using it. Branding yourself first and foremost is a great starting point to a domain name. Most bloggers use their names as a domain name then offer their expertise on their sites. It is imperative that you select a domain name that will make you unique but offer relevant information for those seeking your expertise.
3 - Use keywords in file names and folders
- Keeping organized is key to blogging success. Use your content rich keywords on your file names, folders and even images to distinguish your posts and information.
4 - Use your keywords in your page titles
- As mentioned in tip one, you want to use content rich keywords on your titles and article throughout your content. These keywords must and should only be relevant to get the point across your written article.
5 - Use keyword text in your navigation
- Same as tip no. 4. Use it throughout your content but keep it relevant. However, keep your keywords to a minimum and do not abuse it as search engines will know the difference.
6 - Create useful keyword content - repeat often
- Rinse and repeat tips 1, 4 and 5 above.
7 - Make keywords part of your META Description
- The meta description should be engaging and encourage people to visit your site after reading it, should summarize your page well, and should be less than 160 characters. Meta tags are blocks of text or a collection of keywords used to fill up those sections of your website code that is bound to show up in search results. Meta tags are instrumental in helping your website to be found on Search engine page listings. Online marketers use meta tags for generating traffic.
8 - Secure high quality incoming links
- Requesting reciprocal links on other websites/blogs that compliment your website/blog is a great way to attract website traffic.
9 - Use keyword text (not "click here") in your links
- Link to other relevant sites by domain name or use a rich keyword link instead of the general "click here" link.
10 - Create a site map
- A site map (or sitemap) is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It can be either a document in any form used as a planning tool for web design, or a web page that lists the pages on a web site, typically organized in hierarchical fashion.
Search engine spiders love "fresh content." This is a good and organic method to improve your ranking in search engines. In addition, when you provide good, quality information in your blogs, people will share your blog - creating "backlinks" which will help your site get noticed by search engine spiders.
Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are excellent at building relationships with your potential or existing clients and lead them to your website. Offer them a CTA (call to action) for making a purchase.
For a great source of tips and tools to improve your website performance visit: http://www.google.com/webmasters/checklist/ and the Snowball Website Traffic System.
Best of luck in your business endeavors!
Creative Commons License. This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License
Copyright ©2010. All Rights Reserved.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative business visit her sites today!