It is imperative to keep a blog current with quality content and new ideas that are unique and relevant to reader(s). I've listed the "10 Ways to Make a Blog Popular" below:
1. Put links on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Digg, Delicious and Reddit account(s)
- Adding blog links to social network accounts is very imperative to blog popularity. Start networking for blog exposure.
2. Put a blog link to email signatures
- Add a blog link to the signature file of all outgoing emails. This is a great marketing tactic.
3. Be active in social communities that relate to a blogs' subject
- Provide valuable comments on other blogs that are related to the blog niche. Most blog comments will allow the inclusion of a blog/website URL(s). Others who also comment will see the URL which can turn into a visitor when they read a valuable comment.
4. Tell everyone about the blog
- Word of mouth is another key element to advertise a blog and make it popular.
5. Create a newsletter for blog subscription
- Provide an opt-in box for readers to subscribe too. Provide them with quality blog updates with information that will benefit them. Offer something for FREE in return for their email addresses. Always protect their email address.
6. Submit blog(s) to FREE directory submission sites
- List the blog(s) to the following FREE directories... YouSayToo, Blogged, Feedshark, Blogtopsites, Blogsbycategory, Clickblog, Topblogarea, Blogsrater, Blogarama, Blogdigger, Blogged, Mybloglog and themomblogs.
7. Add blog URL at Google
- Add the blog(s) URL at Google. Google does not add all submitted URLs to their index, and cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear but it's worth a try.
8. Link exchange with other blogs
- Request a link exchange with other blogs that compliment the blog niche but doesn't necessarily compete. Find blogs that add value and ask for a reciprocal link in return.
9. Join discussion forums - ask questions - provide answers
- Find forums that are familiar to the blogs niche and post questions and/or show expertise by answering other member questions. Add the blogs' URL as a signature file on all forums questions and answers.
10. Write quality articles for other blogs
- There are many blogs/sites that allow guest post articles. Use the resource box and include blog(s) URL(s) at the bottom of that written article. This is a great method of FREE advertising.
Best of luck in your business endeavors!
Creative Commons License. This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License
Copyright ©2010. All Rights Reserved.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative business visit her sites today!
Learn how to blog