Even a home-based business requires some type of spending. Hopefully the following "7 Money Saving Tips for your Home-Based Business" will provide you with ways to improve your bottom line:
1. Email/fax vs. regular mail
- Use email and fax to get your messages across. You will save the cost of postage, paper, envelopes, mailing time and get instant delivery to your customers.
2. Toll free numbers
- Utilize toll free numbers offered by your vendors/suppliers it can add up to major telephone savings. If you want to add a toll-free number for your customers to contact you, there are inexpensive methods such as Skype for instance, it's great for making computer calls and is free to other people plus it's cheap to landlines and cell phones around the world.
3. Energy Consumption
- When you have a home-based business you will use electricity. Utilize auto-setback thermostats and automatic light switches. You may also want to utilize the natural sunlight from the outdoors to bring in light. These are all great ways to save you money.
4. Comparison shopping
- Bargains are out there. Do your comparison shopping and see which company offers the better deal. Compare prices and you'll see the difference.
5. Negotiate products
- Request discounts whenever you purchase with cash or when paying ahead of time. Companies who want your business will negotiate their prices.
6. Mail order
- It is economical and convenient to shop by mail order whenever possible. Use a credit card for your purchases and if ever a problem, the credit card company will assist you. Again, seek mail order bargains.
7. Take Inventory of your supplies and phone usage
- Supplies and phone usage are often misused. Be diligent and watch your savings add up.
Think of other significant money saving tips for your home-based business and watch your savings grow!
Can you think of other great saving tips for home-based businesses? Please share your comments below!
Best of luck in your business endeavors!
Creative Commons License. This is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License
Copyright © 2011. All Rights Reserved.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of a Latina Mom Blog. For additional powerful business articles and Internet marketing tips for maintaining a lucrative business visit her sites today!
Work From Your Own Home Office