5 Tips for Overcoming Writer's Block
If you write for a living, then you're well aware that writer's block is sometimes the norm and not the exception. Writing is challenging and sometimes we need help. Check out the 5 tips for overcoming writer's block:
- Write with passion. Writer's should always tell a story. Engage your readers with content they can relate too. Hook your readers and then provide them with solutions. Can your story do that?
- Notes are important when you experience writer's block. Think of and jot down notes you come across of specific phrases and before you know it, you'll have a topic that you can expand upon.
- Use other forms of telling a story. Videos, infographics, images are all excellent ways to showcase your written work. It's a different method that will add style to an otherwise plain article.Along with engaging your readers, provide a call to action by telling them what to do next. Most people need guidance and sometimes all you need to do is ask.
- Along with engaging your readers, provide a call to action by telling them what to do next. Most people need guidance and sometimes all you need to do is ask.
- What's your passion in life? What are you an expert at? What makes you happy? All of these are great questions to ask yourself. Write down your ideas and create your own story. Can you share it with others? Can it help them? Most of all have fun. Writing should be something to enjoy!
Do you agree with the above infographic 5 tips for overcoming writer's block? Please share by leaving your comments below.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom Blog. She is also owner at Books About Me. Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a powerful business marketing article plus receive a FREE eBook on ‘How to Rock Your Business with A Blog’.
If you liked this powerful business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!