What is online marketing? Online marketing refers to advertising on the Web. This article will break down the definition of online marketing in 5 easy steps.
1. Content marketingContent marketing is defined as any marketing that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire and retain customers. With content marketing, brands become publishers. It requires marketers to think as publishers. As a publisher you want to learn 3 tips on how to improve your content marketing by asking yourself the following questions:
- “Who is my audience?”
- “How can I help them achieve their goals?”
- “How can I make my content sticky?”
Content marketing is crucial if you want to be successful at Internet marketing. People who are searching for your particular niche will locate your business via your content marketing efforts. Your content should be informative and interesting and help drive people to your website. Content marketing can also help boost your search engine ranking.
It is important that your content be well-written and grammatically correct. A well written article should provide real information that people will find helpful, interesting and entertaining. Keywords are very important and should be used sparingly. If writing isn't your thing, there are services out there that will create content for you.
2. Social media marketingSocial media marketing can help promote your site and bring in traffic. These consumers hold the strength and the power in their words and what they communicate to others about your niche. Community websites have increased the efficiency in the way that we communicate to one another. The popularity of a product through demographics and online social network websites trigger what most marketers refer to as “social media buzz”, which can indisputably boost a company’s profile and profit overnight. Make sure to create an appealing profile and post interesting content and videos on a regular basis. Always engage and network for additional exposure to your business.
3. SEOSearch engine optimization is a very crucial part of online marketing. You can learn how to do this yourself or hire a professional SEO company to help you out. Remember, with quality content, effective link building, guest posting and appropriate keywords, any company can make a good mark online and start reaching millions of viewers accessing the first few pages of different search engines. It is also important to be aware of the audience you are catering too by using the right language style in your articles.
4. Pay-Per-Click advertisingPPC advertising can also work nicely in bringing website traffic. You can start with a small budget, or you can spend a little more it's really up to you and your business goals.
If you want to save money, then you should be concentrating on how to target your online marketing goals with the following in mind:
- Search engine friendly design
- Social media marketing
- SEO report/Audit
- Google Adwords
- Link building
- Pay per click advertising
- Site usability (which increases your conversion rates)
5. NetworkingNetworking techniques via social media, forums, groups etc., is a great way to make your online marketing campaign a success. Social sharing and making valuable connections with people can help establish you as a trusted expert in your field. Your networking success will be enhanced if you enjoy people and do not have any reservations about expressing yourself honestly. By networking you can meet fascinating and interesting people.
I hope the definition of online marketing in 5 easy steps above will ease the overwhelming feeling we all get when trying to run a successful business.
About the author: Sonia Colon is writer/publisher of My Fashion E-Mall Blog & The Biz Buzz of A Latina Mom Blog. She is also owner at Books About Me. Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a powerful business marketing article plus receive a FREE eBook on ‘How to Rock Your Business with A Blog.
If you liked this powerful business marketing article, please share it with a friend or two by clicking on the social media icons below. Thank you!